Golfer & Sponsor Application
ASCA Golf Tournament
The Annual ASCA Golf Tournament has been played for several years. Its primary purpose from the very beginning has been to have a great time, while at the same time, to raise funds for the many and varied programs that the Anacortes Sister Cities Association has developed. Some of the projects that have benefited from ASCA’s fund-raising include:
- Lomonosov, Russia – student exchanges and adult cultural trips.
- Nikaho City (Kisakata), Japan – a premier student exchange program, adult cultural visits, visits by Taiko Drummers, Kyudo Archers.
- Sidney BC, Canada – “Save Our Ferry” campaign, International Town Crier events, parade exchanges.
- Vela Luka, Croatia – student exchanges, adult cultural trips, and Kumpanija Sword Dancers.
- Lois Worthington Student Travel Fund
- ASCA Flagpole Project – at Gateway Triangle
- ASCA Website – www.anacortessistercities.com
- ASCA Cultural Grant Fund
ASCA meets on the 1st Thursday at the Library
ASCA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization
18 holes using a 4-Ball Scramble format *** Prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place teams, Hole-In-One Prizes, Putting Contest Prize, Women’s & Men’s Longest Drive and Closest to the Pin, Mulligan & Raffle events, Gifts for each Golfer, Team Photos *** On-course refreshments *** Awards Luncheon following tournament
Scramble format consists of each player teeing off and the team selecting a preferred ball to play the next shot. Each player then hits his or her next shot from that spot. All subsequent shots are followed in the same manner until the first ball is holed out. Do not tap in a putt prior to all players having putted from the previous spot. The team must use each player’s tee shot at least twice during the round.